BRIK is looking for a full-stack developer to help us develop the next generation of our video platform. We’re looking for someone who:
- Is comfortable learning new technologies on the job
- Likes to take ownership and pride over their work
Our stack currently includes Backbone, Stylus, Node.js, Express, Neo4j, Redis, Docker, and more.
Working at BRIK:
- We’re a very small business based in Bergen, Norway, in the Revolverhuset office collective (see https://revolverhuset.no/)
- We’re looking for someone that would be based in Bergen. If you don’t live here already, we can help you move.
- You will have control over technical decisions going forward.
- As a small business we rely on trust and self discipline rather than rigid processes; you are responsible for how your own day looks.
- We maintain a good work-life balance, with 37.5 working hours per week and 5 weeks of vacation per year.
- We think maintaining relevant competence is important, and as such you’ll travel to a conference of your choice once per year.
What you''ll be doing at BRIK
- Learn, maintain and upgrade our existing platform, from frontend to infrastructure
- Put your own touches on the platform, come up with new ideas and take ownership of your output.
- Take charge of new projects and complete them independently.
We don’t expect you to have seen it all, but we expect that you’re comfortable learning on the job and practicing technologies you haven’t seen before when necessary. Here’s what we think the first few months on the job will look:
During the first few weeks, you will:
- Learn about who we are and where we want to go
- Start to dig into our existing systems and see how they work
- Ship your first change to production
After six weeks, you will:
- Be coming to grips with our existing systems, and beginning to form opinions about what you want to improve on and what you want to change in the long run.
- Have already started shipping small changes and tweaks the product as necessary, at your own discretion.
After six months, you will:
- Be comfortable with the way things are working, and have begun making major changes to our platform.
- Have new ideas about other things our platform could do, and be ready to implement them yourself.
- Be on the lookout for new technologies that could help us advance.
Our interview process
We do not believe in whiteboard interviews, we want to understand who you are and how you think in real world situations.
We want you to be able to show us the best version of yourself during this process. We're not out to lure you into a trap which is why we want you to know what it will look like.
- Apply through this website with a short cover letter where you tell us a bit about yourself, add your CV and any other links you may find relevant, e.g. to your codepens, personal website, or other projects
- We invite you for a first chat to get to know you better, usually via video call
- We invite you to our offices in Bergen for a face-to-face interview.
Please send resume and application to email@example.com
BRIK provides video solutions and knowledge dissemination aimed at a professional market.
Today we provide solutions for eg. The Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee, Oslo Sports Trauma Research Center, Norway's Top Sports Gymnasium,
Norwegian Swimming Association, Norwegian Curling Association and more.
We also do pilot projects together with the Royal Norwegian Navy, the hospital industry, and the offshore industry.
The company is growing, and we therefore need more skilled colleagues who will help to develop the company further.